3 Vital Questions® and Power of TED*® Coaching Course
Become an outcome-based coach TRANSFORM DRAMA TO DESIGN YOUR DREAMS
Blended Learning: Online and Live Course
March 5 to May 7, 2020
Contact Us to be notified of the next course
These days it seems everyone is being hit by drama, both personally and professionally. Our coaching clients are often stressed out and stuck in drama. We coaches get stuck, too. We desperately need a simple, yet profound method to free both ourselves and our clients from the dreaded drama that keeps everyone from being their best selves.
When coaches and their clients shift their focus from problems to outcomes, something amazing happens in the coaching relationship. Reactive drama is transformed into dreams and results that really matter. Clients become engaged and open to unlimited possibilities. They welcome change as the fuel that empowers great outcomes.
13 Core | 7 Resource
This course has two parts:
- Once registered, you will receive lifetime access to our online, 100% self-paced, mobile friendly eCourse, 3 Vital Questions: Applying the Power of TED* (*The Empowerment Dynamic to Work and Life). This self-directed course with 18 mini videos and a 30 page workbook will give you a strong foundation in the 3 Vital Questions and Power of TED* frameworks.
- The second part of this powerful course includes 8 live Zoom video sessions where we will look at these frameworks through the lens of a coach, going deeper into the foundations you learned in the eCourse. The live sessions, facilitated by Donna Zajonc and several world-class co-facilitators, will include real time coaching and learning from one another, and dozens of coaching exercises, tips, and articles all designed to boost your confidence to immediately use them as you coach with your clients and teams.
What Participating Coaches Say:
This course will step-by-step teach you how to coach with the powerful frameworks in the 3 Vital Questions and Power of TED* in supporting people to transform their everyday drama to designing dreams.
If you are an experienced professional coach, human resources professional, facilitator, trainer, or counselor who has a background in supporting people and teams to be their best version of themselves, then this course is for you.
Once you register you will immediately receive access to the online, self-paced eCourse. This course is the first step in getting started. It is amazingly easy to access and maneuver. We encourage you to begin the eCourse and complete as much as possible prior to the first live session on Thursday, March 5th. This will allow you to have a strong foundation in the 3VQ and TED* concepts and gain the most from the live trainings and dialogue.
What You Will Learn
3 Vital Questions is a new coaching method you can count on to liberate yourself and your clients from reactive drama in the face of the rapid changes that mark today’s increasingly complex lifestyle. In addition to receiving a firm foundation in the 3 Vital Questions and Power of TED* frameworks, you will also learn:
- How the Problem Mindset is an “anxiety management system” and not a problem-solving system;
- The 5-Step Reframe process to transform the problem-reactive mindset that keeps your clients trapped in disempowering thoughts, emotions, and behaviors;
- How to create your Coach Vision to clarify and inspire your role as a coach, so that you don’t get triggered by your unresolved stories that could draw you into the Problem Mindset;
- New insights into the Dreaded Drama Triangle (DDT) with its roles of Victim, Persecutor, and Rescuer;
- How Creator, Challenger, and Coach become the positive, antidote roles to the DDT.
- How to apply the latest neuroscience research findings relevant to empowering your clients to break free from toxic patterns of drama and unleash their full creative energies;
- How to spot your clients’ “readiness to change,” using Prochaska’s change model and how to adjust your coaching to meet clients where they are, rather than where you think (or hope) they should be;
- The 5 Coaching Miscues that, if not understood and redirected, may undermine your coaching brilliance;
- The 8 Principles and insights for partnering with your client as they cultivate their Creator essence and bring forward their best self;
- The 3 Vital Questions 5-Step Action Planning model that supports your clients to take generative and creative steps that will support them to transform their old patterns of drama.
- Tips on how to stay out of Rescuer and “fix-it” mode;
- How to listen deeply for what matters most to clients;
- How to shift from problems to outcomes;
- New awareness of your own inner-drama roles and how to escape them;
- Insights into how clients think and their reoccurring drama patterns that sabotage what they want;
- How to listen to your clients’ drama stories without getting pulled into the details;
- New question that challenge your clients’ perceptions and limited perspectives;
- Real time coaching during break-out sessions so you can immediately practice what you are learning.
At the end of the powerful course you will leave with an expanded vision of yourself as a coach as you learn how to empower your clients to become more resilient, collaborative, and trusting of themselves and others.
This course teaches the coaching concepts embedded in David Emerald’s groundbreaking books, The Power of TED* (*The Empowerment Dynamic) and his newest book, 3 Vital Questions: Transforming Workplace Drama. David and Donna are husband and wife, and together they have spent 15 years creating the content for these unique trainings and now this new coaching course.
— Janet Boguch, MA, PCC
TAKE this course. David and Donna's work is not another gimmick. What you learn will not only transform your clients' lives and relationships, but yours as well. How I wish I had been introduced to this course when I was in my younger years.
— Karen Beals, ACC, CPRC
— Valerie Frick, RN, CNN
Regional Quality Manager for Fresenius Kidney Care
This was a masterful dive into the world of drama that exists all around us, the 8-weeks help me build practices so that I could shift more effectively into a mindset of 'what I truly want'. Doing this work myself has guided me a place where I am better able to support my clients.
Dave Lundberg, ACC, NCC
Donna Zajonc, MCC
David Emerald, Author
3 Vital Questions
Is this course right for me?This course is for experienced coaches, social service providers, human resource professionals, and organizational trainers who want to increase their capacity to help their clients (or team members) learn how to effectively deal with change without the negative components of drama. This course will propel you to a whole new level of coaching as you learn how to harness and transform the energy that change initiatives create into empowering and liberating practices that increase and clarify communication, objectives, and outcomes.
Transforming Our Human Tendency to Focus on ProblemsThe principle in this first session is that the Problem Mindset is humanity’s default way of seeing the world. Hence, clients are often reacting to and fixing themselves, their circumstances, and how they relate to other people. The insight embedded in this principle is that problem thinking is deeply embedded in the human consciousness making it difficult for coaches to “see” and hear the many subtle ways reactive/problem thinking is behind most of their client’s experience and ultimately blocking their creative energy and what they want for their life.
Session 1 Co-Facilitator: Ann Deaton, PhD, PCC
Upgrading Your Human Operating SystemThe principle learning from this Session is that coaches partner with their clients to shift their focus from a Problem Mindset to the Outcome Mindset and the dreams they want to manifest. When coaches become skilled in this principle, they will shift how they listen to their clients, and what they listen for — problems or dreams?
The Creator's Impulse: Meeting the Creator WithinThe principle in this Session is that coaches must correct the mistaken identity of who we really are as human beings. Our true essence is an ongoing unfolding of creative intelligence. Without this shift, growth will be transactional and temporary and will lack the deeper understanding that sustains the transformational shift from Victim to Creator.
Name It and Tame ItThe principle in this Session is that there is great power in naming our reactive habits in response to trying to meet those needs. When clients can see and name the recurring patterns that they are unskillfully using to meet their needs, they begin to be liberated from these patterns. With less need to control external situations, the Creator essence and innate wisdom begin to emerge.
Session 4 Co-Facilitator: Eric Klein
Making Shifts HappenThe focus of this Session, pre-reading, and Coaching Tips is to examine the fundamental shifts of Rescuer to Coach and Persecutor to Challenger. There are many faces that a Rescuer or a Persecutor may wear, and we will take some time to explore various presentations of the roles during this Session.
When Will I Be Done With My Drama?For centuries, the traditional model of change assumed that pain and suffering would prompt someone to change and toe the line. In more recent decades it was assumed that proper information would motivate a person to create new habits and lasting change. Researchers in the 1970’s, most notable, Dr. James Prochaska, discovered that people change over time and in predictable stages. One of the primary goals of the TED* (*The Empowerment Dynamic) framework is to facilitate the shift from the toxic Dreaded Drama Triangle (DDT) to the more resourceful roles of Creator, Challenger, and Coach. By applying Prochaska’s stages of change model, coaches can meet clients where they are in the change process as we partner with them to transform their drama and design their dreams.
Session 6 Co-Facilitator: Petra Platzer, PhD, NBC-HWC, PCC
Holding the Tension of Not Knowing and Taking Action AnywayThe principal of this Session is based upon incremental learning that supports the creative process of "not knowing". The insight is understanding that there is invisible energy in the gap between what clients say they want and what they currently have.
Session 7 Co-Facilitators: Ann Deaton, PhD, PCC and McKenzie Zajonc, MS, CN, LMHC
Digging Deeper into Self Inquiry to Sustain the ShiftSince there are no additional readings or coaching tools this week, please review any recordings and readings that you may have missed. I am excited that David will join me as the co-facilitator for this final session. We will continue to review the 3rd Vital Question and Dynamic Tension model: What actions are you taking? We will also summarize some of the core points covered in this course while emphasizing the central skills embedded in the 3 Vital Questions that will sustain your shift from the DDT roles to the TED* roles. There will be ample time for questions and a generous dialogue about what you are taking away from this course and how you might deepen your learning going forward.
Session 8 Co-Facilitator: David Emerald
8 Live Video Sessions
This course includes 8 live Zoom sessions facilitated by Donna Zajonc, Master Certified Coach. Participating coaches will build upon what they learned in the Bonus 3VQ eCourse, engage in provocative dialogue and dig deep into the coaching competences that are behind the 3 Vital Questions® and the Power of TED*® frameworks. In each live session coaches will learn from one another, participate in live coaching demonstrations, and experience a new vision for their coaching.
The combination of the eCourse, and the live 90-minute Zoom sessions, results in a rich blended learning experience.
The live, 90-minute Zoom sessions will be held on Thursdays on the following dates from 8:30 to 10:00AM Pacific Daylight Savings Time. (The March 5th Session is Pacific Standard Time – please make a note and adjust your calendar accordingly).
Can I still attend the coaching course if I need to miss a class?
Absolutely. All of our sessions are recorded so you can listen to them on your own time. If you are wanting continuing education credits for ICF, you must attend 5 of the 8 live sessions. All Live Sessions are scheduled for 90 minutes beginning March 5th from 8:30am-10:00am Pacific Time. (IMPORTANT NOTE: Daylight Savings Time begins March 8, 2020)
How do I apply for a scholarship or discounted rate?
Each request is taken on a case-by-case basis. If you think you may qualify for a discounted rate (student, military, non-profit, for example), please email email@example.com with details of your organization, coaching experience, and how this coaching course will benefit you. We will respond to your request in a timely manner.
How do I register for the coaching course?
This link will take you directly to the registration process. Register HERE. You will first pay for the coaching course, then proceed to register with your required information. Once that is complete, we will contact you with information to access the coaching dashboard and eCourse
2020 DATES & TIMES
*All live sessions (except March 5th) are listed in PACIFIC DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME.
Please adjust your schedule accordingly.
Please adjust your schedule accordingly.
8:30AM – 10:00AM PACIFIC DAYLIGHT TIME
***NOTE Daylight Savings Time Begins Sunday March 8th
March 5th course will be Pacific Standard Time
ALL LIVE SESSIONS WILL BE HELD ON THE FOLLOWING THURSDAYS:
March 5, 2020
March 12, 2020
March 19, 2020
April 2, 2019
April 9, 2020
April 16, 2020
April 30, 2020
May 7, 2020