Vital: Pertaining to Life
What does vital mean to you? Is it meaningful as a list of items in order of relative importance (like “this is vital stuff”)? Is it associated with something health-related? Is it related to soul-fueling moments in your life? From an academic standpoint, vital means essential; full of life and vigor; having energy and liveliness; necessary to the well-being of something. Vitality can have many meanings, do any listed to the right resonate with you?
Keeping those definitions of vital in mind, let’s now review the 3 Vital Questions.
WHERE ARE YOU PUTTING YOUR FOCUS?
Are you focusing on problems or on outcomes?
HOW ARE YOU RELATING – TO OTHERS, YOUR EXPERIENCE, AND TO YOURSELF?
Are you relating in ways that produce or perpetuate drama, or in ways that empower others and yourself to be more resourceful, resilient, and innovative?
WHAT ACTIONS ARE YOU TAKING?
Are you just reacting to the problems of the moment, or taking generative action – including the solving of problems to create envisioned outcomes?
- Practical tools to recognize personal triggers in everyday dramas and how to shift into more empowering ways of relating to others and yourself.
- Relating more effectively with colleagues when drama patterns are on full display.
- Increasing self-awareness and engagement by understanding how you think and relate to others.
- Understanding the three empowering roles of Creator, Challenger, and Coach and how each role enables you to recover from reactive behaviors more quickly.
- Renewed courage to make personal changes that help you show up at work with less stress and more ease.
- Opening up to inspired and creative decisions even in the face of drama and uncertainty.
- Igniting your passion for work and those you work with.